Tuesday 10 February 2009

Ninety percent the man I was

I'm at the doctors the other day with kids and family in tow (or was
it me being towed?). We were getting shots/injections. Rabies for all
and tetanus boosters for Sam and I.
To keep the boys interested while doctor is preparing the
syringes, etc, we jump on the scales. My eyes nearly popped out of
their sockets - It read 88kg! I haven't weighed under 90kg since i
rowed crew more than 15 years ago. When Sam and I left Australia for
Cambodia in 2004 I was weighing in around 105kg - my heaviest.

I do no exercise - beyond throwing a two and four year old around
occasionally. But i have decreased how much I eat quite a bit.

So in 5 years I am now less than ninety percent the man I used to be.

--
Sent from Gmail for mobile | mobile.google.com